Thursday, August 23, 2018

Little Grey Bird by Marie

I did not go to the Market to sell things this last time (it meets twice a month) but will next time.  On the day I went when I had the wonderful sale of my oil of the cougar and cubs, a fellow vendor gave me a gift.  She had made coasters out of some of her photographs and gave me one of a small grey bird. "Here," she said, "Maybe this will give you some inspiration."  I decided to paint a picture of the bird and give it to her.  Here is the watercolor I did.  I'll have it matted and give it to her...will re-photograph it after the matting.  Joining in with Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday.


12 comments:

  1. What a darling Bird painting, and it is a lovely gift for that thoughtful lady. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting and sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great job. Glad you didn't try to add all that greenery behind the bird. That would have ruined it's effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and adorable.
    Happy PPF 🎨

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, sweet painting and a lovely photograph for the inspiration. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cute little bird!
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling little bird! Hope she liked it. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. your bird looks great. Nice to have friends, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice gift. You did the bird justice I know when the other vendor sees it she will be quite happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful watercolour, I love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete